Monday, April 07, 2008

Compensation

Having to read all the exciting adventures of Bossy as she travels the country strengthening new-found (and long-time) bloggy friendships with some face-to-face time, I'm left feeling a little envious, especially since I wasn't able to make it up to Richmond to join in on the fun.
But I DID manage to meet a really awesome group of moms last night at a Self-Renewal Party (Amy, I wish you could've been there.) Let me introduce them to you.From left to right: "in search of some spontaneous adult playdates", "gave up being a 'respectable young adult' for salsa dancing in the Rockies", "in love with the Body Therapy Institute", "really loves singing the bed-time song", "just realized how much she enjoys playing hide-n-seek", "is working on ditching her self-criticism", "goes jogging even when it's rainy and cold", yours truly - "exposing everyone on her blog", "can still do an amazing handstand", and "has always loved sneaking away alone for a bit". I can't wait to get to know them even better (and my road trip would only take me 40 minutes on the longest leg - except for the little detour to Atlanta!)

6 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

What fun! Glad you got meet them all!

And thank you for the car info!

It is GREATLY appreciated!!

Hallie :)

Emily said...

Looks like a fun group of women!!

TexasTesla said...

How fun! I'd love to meet some of my bloggy friends in real life too...but seem to be stranded in the woods alone or something.

foolery said...

That's a great idea. I could get behind a local meet-up, but I read only two local blogs. Maybe as more people join the fray.

Paula Lynn Johnson said...

Can I give up being a "respectable young mother" for salsa dancing in the Rockies?

Wait. I'm not respectable. Or young.

Momo Fali said...

Sounds fun! I'm jealous!