Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Yet Another Sign of the Apocolypse

Ride with me for a moment... My girls have reached a stage (12 & 9) where life revolves around the radio - just waiting for those favorite songs to play (the pop ones they play at least twice a day EVERY day). When riding around town, I usually defer to them on choice of station, but I'm not lax in my Mom duty of throwing an occasional eye-rolling, especially when the shrieky, giggley, "OMG! my favorite song!" songs come on. So we're riding home, listening to THEIR station, when I hear a few familiar notes, and loudly proclaim, "I can't believe it! They're actually playing some GOOD music for a change!!" and I crank the volume. Only...

I think I'm getting ready to hear a great song by one of my all time favorite bands, The Clash:


But what I get instead, almost immediately, another shrieky, giggley, OMG! pop song:

1 comment:

Manager Mom said...

I've been lucky..my kids really like the Rolling Stones, the Beatles, and Bob Marley. No Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montana... I hope my luck holds out!